Chocolate brownie (without butter & without egg :)


A nice chocolate recipe discovered recently that I have to share with you! As it was the case with the “Chickpeas and dates chocolate cake” posted a few days ago, there is no egg and no butter in this chocolate brownie. It means less saturated fat and cholesterol compared to a usual brownie recipe. Nice, isn’t it?


Moreover, we always have those ingredients in the fridge or in the cupboards, the recipe is easy to follow and quick to make. What could be better?


I got the recipe from Sara, who got it from Sabrina, who got it in “Cuisine & Dépendances” (French), who… well, you got it :p


So to please your arteries, your taste buds and your jeans ;), here is how it works:
  • 200g dark chocolate
  • 125g plain yoghurt
  • 3 tbs milk
  • 1 tbs cocoa powder
  • 90 brown sugar
  • 50g flour
  • 30g maïzena
  • A pinch of baking powder
  • A pinch of sodium bicarbonate
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp liquid vanilla

Into a salad bowl, mix yoghurt, liquid vanilla and sugar.

In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients left, that means: flour, maïzena, salt, sodium bicarbonate, baking powder and cocoa. Then stir the dry mixture into the sweet yoghurt.



Using the microwave oven (or a double boiler), melt the chocolate mixed with the milk. Check every 20-30 seconds until getting a smooth texture.

Stir the chocolate into the previous mixture and mix well. The texture of the batter will change and get thicker but it’s normal (I think at least because the result was good!).

Butter a baking tin (or cover it with oil, it’s kind of a shame to use butter now :o), and spread the




COOKING

Bake for 20 minutes to 180°C, (I had to bake it for 23 minutes to get the middle cooked).


TIPS AND TRICKS

Because the batter is quite thick, it’s perfect to use a springform pan! Note that even if I still greased the pan, it still sticks!

I’m not sure that vanilla brings something to the recipe… I will do without next time – and probably reduce the sugar, to 80g for example.

SERVING SUGGESTION


I was really curious to taste this cake that seemed really appetizing! The texture looked really awesome! The first mouthfuls surprised me a bit, the texture was a bit heavy (but it’s a brownie, right?^^), and then, we got really addicted :D


According to me, this cake is perfect with some plain yoghurt aside or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (but then we forget the cholesterol reduce we got^^… and whatever, it will be a step ahead anyway :p)

Think to warm it up a few seconds into the microwave oven for a nice cold/warm :)


So, enjoy this free scruple recipe before summer and I take the opportunity to thank Sara, Sabrina, Gasoriano, Josép… well, you got it;)

Rose.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, and such a smart idea! I'm going to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clem, you're the first person who left me a message, I'm so happy !!!

      I hope you're going to like it :) Let me know about it :)

      Delete