Smooth avocado chocolate cream


I have fallen in love with a blog this week (yes, that’s possible!). I’ve discovered one recipe, and another one, and I couldn’t stop thinking about it… impossible to resist, I gave in to temptation and followed a recipe.


And because I’m not a jealous person, I’m even going to share with you this tip! The blog is called “Green me up”, you can go there by this link or by the one that is in “My blog list” section on the right column.


As the name suggests, Hélène – the chief editor! – proposes to us some delicious and healthy recipes. And she adds to that some really interesting information about the ingredients used.


The recipe that attracted me (in French) this time is a Smooth avocado chocolate cream. Texture and taste really intrigued me. I haven’t been disappointed, not at all! We can taste each ingredient and this association is very good! But don’t be fooled, it’s not the kind of cream you can find in stores, it’s really a new flavor :)


  • 1 ripe avocado (I used ¾ of it and kept the ¼ left in my salad)
  • 2 big tbs of cocoa powder
  • 6 medjool dates or 8 Deglet nour dates (6 Deglet nour dates this time for me)
  • 1 tbs honey (agave syrup for me – still don’t like honey, snif)

The realization is really easy: you just need to blend everything!


Don’t forget to remove stones from dates before blending (:D) and soak the fruits a few minutes  into warm water to rehydrate them.




TIPS AND TRICKS

I let (not on purpose) some few little pieces of dates into the cream. So when I ate it, I could taste texture and sweet from dates, delicious! I really advice you to do the same mistake as me :D


SERVING SUGGESTIONS

Spread (the texture is perfect for it) or ate by spoonful, both are good! I devoured all of it by myself but this quantity should be enough for 2 normal adults :D


The nutritional info of the day!

As Hélène said it, avocado is indeed fat but that’s vegetal fat! So no saturated fat and we enjoy the unsaturated fat! Moreover, no cholesterol, your arterials will thank you ;)


Well, we combined healthy, quick and delicious cuisine. It’s definitely adopted at home!

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment