Raw cacao buckwheat porridge with nectarines


This morning (well, it’s night now …), there is no sun in Malmö. So I decided to put it in my plate!

 

In my last article, I presented to you my raw buckwheat porridge discovery. One only try and I’m already addicted to it. I don’t really like too sweet breakfasts (for example, jam doesn’t suit me sometimes in the morning), so I’m totally satisfied with this mixture :)


And as my gourmand-ness is always around me, I absolutely wanted to try this porridge with cacao :)

Yellow nectarine is without hesitation my favorite fruit during summer. Well sweet and with a nice orange color to which we can’t resist, I eat it even without being hungry and I find it really thirst-quenching at the same time.


This morning then, my vitamin cup will naturally contain cocoa and nectarine!
  • 50g buckwheat hulls (no grilled)
  • 15g almonds
  • 1 tbs flaxseeds
  • 2 tbs cocoa powder with no sugar
  • 4 prunes
  • 120ml milk
  • ½ tsp liquid vanilla
To accompany, this morning for me it is:
  • 2 nectarines
  • 1 glass of milk

The day before, soak buckwheat hulls and almonds together into a lot of water.

The same day, rinse them well with clear water in order to remove mucilage produced by buckwheat. Soak a few minutes prunes into a bit of slightly warm water to soften them.

Then pour all the ingredients (prunes drained!) into your blender and blend until you get the texture you want. Adjust milk quantity if needed.
 

The nutritional info of the day!...

… is about flaxseeds! Those small dark maroon and bright seeds contain some precious Omega-3 fatty acid which I’m sure you’ve been told about their benefits!

“Just one tablespoonful (15ml) of flaxseeds is enough to full our daily Omega-3 vegetal fatty acid needs” (cf. here – in French).


To make sure that your body is going to enjoy the best from those small seeds, you should put them first into your blender and blend a first time to quickly grind them. 

Well, aside from the “healthy” perks of this mixture, is it tasty?

A huge yes! I could have added more cocoa for a stronger taste (I love cocoa :p). And with a glass of milk aside, it was a delicious combination :) Moreover, chocolate-nectarine, I really like it. 




So here is a new validated experiment!  (Note that I haven’t tasted prunes this time).

I hope I haven’t worn you out with my porridges and I will try to propose to you something new next time ;)


Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment