Creamy vegan dessert & its small fruits


I feel you ready for more now! So after the “Raw brownie”, I go on with another vegan & raw dessert. Dessert that should freshen you up! The recipe comes again from Hélène but I changed it a bit because I hadn’t all the required ingredients.


Hélène names this dessert “fauxmage blanc” which is a pun to a kind of yoghurt we have in France (which the texture is a bit like Turkish yoghurt’s one). I must admit that the finale texture of this dessert is close to this kind of yoghurt! However, I think the taste is quite different but really interesting :)


So, how do we make a raw “fauxmage blanc” without diary products, huh? What is the “trick”? Well, it’s zucchini! And cashew nuts! The result is really surprising when we know the basic ingredients, I was seduced :)


And moreover, it’s very quick to make! Here is how it works: 
  • 250g zucchini
  • 50g cashew nuts
  • 2 tbs honey
  • ½ squeezed lemon
  • 1 big tsp almond powder
  • 1 big tsp bran
  • ½ tsp liquid vanilla
  • 50ml water
For the topping
  • Nectarine cut in small pieces
  • Dry cranberries

The day before, or morning for diner, dunk cashew nuts into a lot of water.
When nuts are soften enough and strained, put all the ingredients into your blender (zucchini cleaned, peeled and cut) and blend until you get a creamy texture. Here we are, I told you it was quick :D



Keep aside in the fridge until you serve it.


TIPS AND TRICKS

 
The texture wasn’t completely smooth, that can come from cashew nuts or bran, I don’t really know.

I was worried that we could taste the almond powder too much but no! Therefore my next try will contain 2 teaspoonfuls of almond powder in total in order to get a thicker texture.

A bit more honey will be necessary for some people ;)

Oh and if you don’t have a hyper mega powerful blender, it still works! I used my “hand-blender” and no problem :)






The nutritional info of the day ...

Some words about cashew nuts!

Full of monounsaturated fat, they participate to reduce global cholesterol by reducing the bad cholesterol (LDL) and without reducing the good one (HLD). Less effective compared to walnuts, its effect is yet considerable, especially if we think about the saturated fat we could have eaten with a normal “fromage blanc” (this French yoghurt I told you about) ;)


We can also notice the great quantity of magnesium (among others: muscle relaxant and good again stress!) and copper (which takes part into bone mineralization and helps absorbing iron).

SERVING SUGGESTIONS

Well, are we going to eat this “fauxmage blanc” now?!


Before serving it, pour into nice glasses and add the fruits you want. The nectarine-cranberry association does great about taste / texture / color, I advise you to try it :)

To eat well cool!

Rose.

Oh and if you notice some (big :/) mistakes in English, please let me know!...

No comments:

Post a Comment